I finished making an additional data visualization — a Sankey diagram this week. I looked into NVDA’s built-in logging system and decided I didn’t want to use it to create my logs because it includes — even at the bare minimum settings — too much information that is not relevant for my purposes. Writing to a blank output file makes the most sense as a course of action at this point. I found an existing add on for NVDA written by Takuya Nishimoto (found here) that draws a box around the NVDA “focus object” and “navigator object.” This was helpful because by using it I was able to see that those objects don’t actually completely reflect what the screen reader is picking up and what information it’s focusing on. Often those objects represented an entire window or page, so I need to search for how NVDA is pulling out those more granular details.