Week 1 (3/29):
- I have found a reasonable amount of papers to read.
- I have refined the topic. The previous topic was about analyzing and find the relationship between weather pattern and oil stock price. I have decided to broaden the topic to find the relationship between two general entities (so not just weather pattern and oil stock price) by developing an algorithm for similarity scoring and matching.
- I have a basic outline for the survey paper jotted down.
Week 2 (4/5):
- A lot of readings, especially about SVM (Support Vector Machine)
- Work on adding some more text in the introduction part
- Read, read, and read.
- Explore the term artificial neural networks, etc.
Week 3 (4/12):
- Read about different approach to pattern matching problem in other area of study (BLAST, etc.)
- Read about AI neural networks, it’s confusing.
- Start adding meat to the outline of the survey paper.
Week 4 (4/19):
- Watch the MIT’s Opencourseware Intro to AI
- Modular Neural Network – Reading
- SVM readings
Week 5 (4/26):
- Continue the course
- Re-learn calculus