I have completed my project proposal and powerpoint. Below is the timeline I have constructed for my project.
- October 21: Be familiarized with the Xvid codec, how it works, and how to make simple modifications to it to change compression.
- November 6: Have unique, decently working, personal compression algorithm. At this point I will have explored Xvid and experimented with ideas for some time, so I hope to have added some of my own ideas to the codec.
- November 8: Complete a general outline of the paper to serve as a guide.
- November 16: Complete the first draft of the paper.
- November 30/December 4: Be prepared for project presentation.
- December 12: Finish second draft of paper.
- December 16: Finish final draft of paper and software.