I am spending today (Tuesday) writing the paper. I have now written all section and subsection headers that I need into it and started incorporating useful bits of the proposal as a baseline.
In an effort to produce a working version of the software, the following are my goals for the rest of the day:
- paper: fill out the sections and revise what already exists there
- software: complete a bit of php code to interface with PostgreSQL, write starting html, create flow diagram
This means that the following will be delayed for the second draft and the poster:
- paper: add content, specifically expanding the Related Works section
- poster: import content from paper, adjust form
- software: a complete working base case
The final version of the paper will be a revision of the second draft, in which I will remove cruft rather than add content. The software version as of December 12, when the second draft is due, will be the last version of the software I work on for grading purposes in this class.
I intend to work minimally over break, so what I complete this week is likely all I will complete before the return the following week.