Thanksgiving is over. I exercised my prerogative to take a break and did no work in the last week. I also chose to give my final presentation this week, so I have a firm timetable that prioritizes this project (both code and paper) for the next week.
- Monday, 11/28: Create an electronic and more detailed version of the flow diagram in the morning, make the code actually work, start->finish, in the afternoon
- Tuesday, 11/29: Ask Charlie questions in the morning; finish what’s left over; in the ideal world, I would spend the afternoon just getting the aesthetics right, but I suspect complications will lead to a fairly sparse interface (ironically, for an HCI project)
- Wednesday, 11/30: Final presentation, no further work on the software for this course anticipated
- Saturday and Sunday, 12/05 and 12/06: Finish the paper – read and write Saturday, revise Sunday, submit as soon as it’s available
There are a number of pitfalls I can foresee, and the reasons I would fall short of completion by Wednesday would most likely be because one of the following proved more complex than anticipated:
- Moving from a web tool to a Chrome extension
- Parsing URL’s
- Data collection and storage
- Exception handling
In short, this week will be mostly devoted to this class (and the following two weeks will emphasize others).