Name of My Project
Who’s Running?: In depth look at who’s running for what, when, and info about them.
What research topic/question is my project going to address?
- How to reduce number of uniformed voters?
- How to dynamically update a website when something with certain keywords is uploaded on the web?
- How to do that accurately without mistaking an article for something else?
- How to make sure sources being provided are credible?
- How to make sure that sources from both sides are presented and credible?
- How to make the registration process easier and encourage people to vote?
What technology will be used in your project?
- Content Change Detection and Notification Service
- CRON job with scripting?
- MDM Notifications API
What software and hardware will be needed for your project?
- Possibly access to CRON and FeedWelder
How are you planning to implement?
- The implementation would be deploying a live website that updates automatically and alerts users of important dates and info and if new info is on the site.
How is your project different from others? What’s new in your project?
- It’s a one stop shop and automatically updates with more detailed info on how candidates stand on certain issues, their track record, and articles pro and against them.
- This also makes sure the sources about each candidate is actually credible and not peddling false info
- This will also alert people when new information is out there and important election/registration dates
What’s the difficulties of your project? What problems you might encounter during your project?
- Making it update automatically reliably
- Making sure it successfully finds only credible sources
- Making sure my script parses the info correctly onto the website
- Making sure the new info it finds is accurate and about the right people