- Name of Your Project
Penetration testing to show the weaknesses of businesses
- What research topic/question your project is going to address?
What results can be gained from businesses investing in someone do penetration
- What technology will be used in your project
Personal computer & Network Adapter
- What software and hardware will be needed for your project?
Kali Linux OS, Virtual Box
- How are you planning to implement?
Using the Network Adapter and Kali Linux’s built in features, access to a specific network becomes easier. Goals are described at the beginning and the attack is centered around those goals.
- How is your project different from others? What’s new in your project?
Other than Byron Roosa who graduated a few years ago, I am the only student who has had a security interest so this makes my project unique from others. My project is centered around helping the community. A penetration tests sole purpose is to help a business detect security flaws.
- What’s the difficulties of your project? What problems you might encounter during your project?
An obvious difficulty with my project is the legality associated with hacking. Getting a business to allow me to do this would take some convincing. Learning to navigate Kali Linux correctly would also be a difficulty.