This week was a big planning week for me. I spent a lot of time writing down notes and ideas, as well as researching the details of what I need for my project. I also spent some time gathering resources for my project in the form of data from Iceland. A combination of 2018 and 2019 data will provide me a much-needed training/testing case.
I have progressed in my implementation, further streamlining the process of creating various edge detections of original images. This week I added the Prewitt edge detection algorithm and improved my Caney edge implementation to have a tight, wide, and auto mode.
I have also been researching technologies for image recognition via machine learning with multiple channels. This is the idea that a single “object” in the AI can have multiple images associated with it, and it is necessary for my project.