This week I did a lot of research and work on the more anthropological side of my project. I emailed Tom Hamm and Greg Vaughn and got some great information about where I could find the foundations of old buildings around campus that I could use for my project. This information will hopefully be detailed enough for me to create some labeled training images.
I also spent some time this week learning fast.ai, which I have settled on for now as the best option for identifying images. The library is extensively documented, and extremely robust. As soon as Layout or a similar machine is back up, I will be able to start testing code, but for now, learning the library is just as important.