This week, I spent time figuring out how to make the software publication ready, and discussed with Craig on whereabouts of the server and database
This week, I finalized my poster and prepared my paper for the evaluation draft submission. I also met with Craig to discuss taking the application live.
This week, I started working on my poster, and revised my paper based on the feedback I received from Dave and Ajit
This week I tested out the reader with student interface, and checked if self-check in and check-out worked properly. I also met with Craig and discussed plan to migrate the application to the server and perhaps have it ready for the EPIC expo.
This week I spent most of my time working on the paper, and finished the implementation and design sections. I also started working on the administrator interface and got a good portion of it done.
This week I finished implementing a rough version of the student user interface. I spent a considerable time discussing the logic behind to student check out and check and what measures were necessarily to put in. I received feedback from Ajit on the design, and modified my approach based on that.
This week I discussed the structure of my paper with Ajit, and received feedback on how to explain the design and implementation sections. I also started working on implementing the student user interface.
This week I finalized the schema for the database with Ajit, and familiarized myself with the PostgreSQL commands after receiving the log in information from Craig. I faced an unexpected challenge with the ordering of the RFID device from Ebay. Instead I researched for two days and found a few other cost friendly options in the US, and have proposed to the department to purchase one of them.
I am planning to finish all the software end of the project by the time I get my hands on the device!
This week I met with Ajit and discussed some of the necessary features for the user interface that the administrator will be using. This involved seeing a list of recently checked out items, adding new objects, and adding new users. I also met with Craig and discussed the back-end work. We decided to use Django and PostgreSQL.
This week I met with Ajit for an hour. We went over timeline and design of my project. I also met with Craig and ordered the RFID reader and tags after approving them.